1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resetting logon

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bilnrobn, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    My wife and I each have superannuation accounts at the same company. On their website we can access our account transactions etc. If we logon with one of our account numbers and passwords then we cannot log on afterwards as the other person during the same internet session; it just takes us straight back to the account we previously looked up. The only solution is to shut down the computer completely, reboot and reconnect. Then it allows the other account number and password to be used.
    My question is, what and where is the file it has temporarally inserted to cause this? I have tried deleting the temp internet files but that doesn't help. I don't think it is a cookie as these are not deleted when I shut down as are my temp files.
    The insuance company concerned does not seem interested. Can anyone here help?

2. Miz

Miz

Does the site give you an option (a link or button) to log off the account before you leave the site? If so, try it and see if that solves the problem.

3. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    Yes they do, there is a 'log out' button and when you press it a message telling you to close your browser to complete the process appears. I have done all this and when I open the browser again and go to the site afresh it usually takes me straight to the account I just left. Note 'usually'. For some reason on some rare occasions it does go back to the login page and allow me to change the account. Can anyone explain why I am having this problem and how to fix it?
    (I have this morning finally had a reply from the company and they tell me to log out and close the browser!)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice