1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resident Evil 2 on Steam will not start

Discussion in 'Games' started by MessUupgood, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MessUupgood

MessUupgood Thread Starter

I reformatted my PC, now when I try to load RE2 from steam it will not start, just acknowledges the command, does the circle for a few moments but never starts, doesn't make it to the load screen at all.

It USED to work, I have no clue what is going on.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

When you say it used to work, was it from a different version of Windows 10? If you did a clean install, created a Windows setup from MS Media Creation Tool, it will now be Win 10 v 1903.

Did you go to Device Manager, find the Display adapter driver, right click and do Update ?

Better yet, go to your GPU vendor site and download their latest GPU model driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice