1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resize or maximize the insert attachment window in outlook express 6?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Maximizer, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Maximizer

Maximizer Thread Starter

Sorry if this has been asked a million times. I tried searching for the answer in the forum to no avail.

I have windows xp and am using Outlook Express 6 (on one of my computers, and I know others having the same problem on similar setups).

It is retarded if Microsoft would not let us resize or modify or enlarge or expand or maximize (providing food for future forum searchers, ;) ) the insert attachment window. I guess they would do that in order to give an incentive to upgrade to the non-express outlook programs (which don't seem to have any such limitation). But still, that's lame. Hopefully it's just me that's lame and retarded.

I also would like to change the default view for the window to "details," but can't seem to be able to do that either.

If someone could shed some light on this it would be mucho appreciated. And sorry again if this has been asked and answered ad nausium.

2. Maximizer

Maximizer Thread Starter

Bummer. No miracle cure. Shameless bump before I put the question to rest as it sinks into the abyss.

Some of you folks out there have to know whether the window can be resized, right? I'll settle for a no it can't. hehe. Just need to know. hehe.

Thanks!

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Looks like its fixed, however somewhere deep in the registry there could be a cure. However that will probably stuff something else?

However, food for thought is:

Would you knowingly dress in a deer costume and wander in the bush during a deerstalking competition, when there are prizes for the hunter with the most deer shot?

Using OE for mail is doing just that. You even have a target pinned on for good measure. There are so many good email programs out there, and its not compulsory to use OE.

I would never use it by choice.
    Its not really Microsoft's fault, its just too dangerous to use with every virus writer targeting it in my opinion.

4. Deke40

Deke40

Can't help you with the first one but you should be able to right click and change the view. You will have to scroll to see the info because of not being able to take care of your first question. Kind of like Catch 22.

PS-You can also click the icon under the ? in the top right of the "Insert Attachments" window.

Attached Files:

5. Maximizer

Maximizer Thread Starter

Hey guys, thanks alot for the info!

I should have been clearer. W/ regard to my second question, I was wondering if I could force it to always display in "detail" mode when I open the window, like we can do w/ seemingly all other windows. In other words make it default to "detail" when it is opened rather than to "list." Seems to always go back to (sorry-***) list. ;)

Why would microsoft lock that window? Could it just be overlooked on their part? Or is it actually intentional?

Thanks again for responding! It's much appreciated.

Oh and Kiwiguy, I use Outlook 2003 at work. I imagine that that is just as vulnerable as Outlook Express, right? Or is Outlook 2003 and other non-express versions of Outlook a bit more safe? I figure the entire Outlook family is pretty much wearing the deer costumes w/ targets on their heads. But maybe not.

What email program is your program of choice?

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Unfortunately Outlook is also in the costume.

I run a business, and simply can't afford the real risk that Outlook or OE present.

Have used Eudora for years. Its a joy to use and backup, handles attachments logically. Never had a virus issue, I do run up to date AV software of course.

Among the colleagues I deal with, the incidence of infection seems to run mostly with the MS based email clients, about 10 to 1.

7. Deke40

Deke40

Just my opinion but in the 4 years I have used outlood express I have not had one virus get through to my system.

I use Roadrunner and have AVG on my system. My only two internet connections I have used haven't let my AVG do much work as they have always caught any virus and nuked it.

I think most people are having all the highjacker, virus and trojan problems because they don't use or update their protective programs properly.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice