Resize partition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

br967

I need to resize two of my partitons but I really don't feel like buying a commercial app. I've been looking around the web for the past day trying to find a free app, but all I've been able to find is Linux apps, which I've tried and had no luck with. Does anyone know of a free app or a demo of a commercial app that will let me resize the partitions? I only plan on doing this once so that's the main reason I don't want buy an app, but if there is no other option I guess I'll just breakdown and buy one.

br967

I don't think that it resizes NTFS partitions. I was looking at that program last night.

br967

Opps I didn't even realize I didn't put that information into my orginal post. Sorry. I'm running XP Home with NTFS

br967

I tried the demo of PM and it wouldn't commit to the changes. I just broke down and bought Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 ($44.99) a few mins ago. Who knows I may need it again someday.

Most of them will not let you actually do a resize or any other function anymore. They are strictly a virtual demo.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
FWIW, you can frequently find rebates on these applications and get them for free or nearly so. I have two Partition Magic, one GHOST 10, and one Acronis True Image, and I've paid a total of $20 plus a few stamps to submit the rebates for them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts