resolution 800x600

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PK-her0

hi guys

got an acer aspire one zg8
running debian in a vmware enviroment
i only have 800x600 and cant change resolution
do i need to install linux drivers for intel 945 express vga card?
i googled for drivers for vga card but linux
and there were linux drivers,but it said linux 4
trying to get into linux...please guide me

Have you installed the VMware Tools? Usually that will take care of it.

If you are using VMWare, then the graphics card on the host machine itself makes no difference, as the one which your guest OS detects is the VMWare graphics adapter.

The VMWare website should give you the guide on how to get it working (although officially, VMWare doesn't support debian...).

The following might be of use, but having little experience with VMWare myself, I'm not sure as to how good a guide it is.

As an alternative, Virtual Box (http://www.virtualbox.org/) does work with Ubuntu, and as such, *should* work with Debian, although again, I've not tried this myself.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online