1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resolution Fix

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dtb5000, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dtb5000

dtb5000 Thread Starter

I just reformated my computer because I was having problems. I fixed most of those problems but now I can't change my computer's resolution. I went to control panel then display then settings and tried to change the screen resolution using the little arrow but it won't let me go above 640X480 pixels for some reason. Do you have any advice?

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Have you installed your motherboard and/ or graphics card drivers?

3. dtb5000

dtb5000 Thread Starter

I reinstalled all of the CD's that came with the computer but I didnt see anything about a graphics card.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

It's either onboard and with the mobo drivers or separate in which case you can Google the brand and model and add the word driver and download it.
    Download and install this to find out what the video card is and then let us know if you have any problems. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice