1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resolution not supported after Update, cant get to safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Ferish, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ferish

Ferish Thread Starter

so the titel says it All, but here is the story:
    I recently bought a new computer. It Arrived yeasterday and as i was testing it out in the various games i noticed i had some lag and low fps. I investigatoren for updates and found a Windows functionality update. I let it Update and then shut Down then going to bed. The next evening after it had booted up, the screen kept going blank and pop up with the message “the resolution is not supported by this unit. Please change the resolution”. I couldnt get into safe mode at All but i found out How to get into it a few times from the Uefis bios. I Tried some tips i found om the web with similar problems but to no help. Now i cant even Use the bios Way into safe mode, and the issue is still here. Any suggestions on How to fix this?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

It is more or less impossible to know what changes you have made in the UEFI firmware
    However the safe and most suitable method is to take the computer back to the local agent for the supplier
    I suspect the cause is your searching for this
    which I doubt was meant for your system, unless of course you know differently
    I think it was probably some manner of update suggested on some gaming related site

there maybe a way round this using a Windows 10 install media usb that you can make and then recovery options from the troubleshooting
    HOWEVER please be advised that on a new computer that you got only yesterday - such troubleshooting is inadvisable, as the more you do, the less the chance of a fix under the warranty.

3. Ferish

Ferish Thread Starter

It was recommended under the Windows updates for me to do, hende i did it. Was an Update with something the Lines of 1709 or 1705

4. Ferish

Ferish Thread Starter

Also in the uefi thing All i tried was going default (f5) so i go to RE

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Cheers that is the latest windows version - 1709
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-fall-creators-update
    or as shown the Fall (Season) Creators update

My advice is still the same - take it, send it back
    Anything else on such a new system is - most inadvisable

This I believe
    is the cause of the problem NOW against the cause of the original problem which appears to be possibly the update
    It should have been possible to fix the original problem by entering recovery and returning to the state of the system before the update.

NOW the evidence suggests as I said that the BEST advice is to have it put right under warranty, as there is a slight chance that you have some other manner of defect which has caused the original problem

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice