1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Resolution on screen looks terrible after unplugging and replugging.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by agent_washingtub, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent_washingtub

agent_washingtub Thread Starter

I have 2 two monitor set up, both are samsung Tvs, one 32" 720p and one 37" 1080p. The 37" has never looked like true hd since I got in at Christmas time, but I've fiddled with it enough to make it bearable. The issue is with my smaller screen. I recently brought my rig to a friends house, bringing only my 32" monitor. The resolution was set at 1360 X 768, which was the recommended. After booting up at my buddies, the resolution looked terrible. Games and videos are not completely unwatchable, but colours look wrong and words look either fuzzy or grainy. When I go to change the resolution, the recommended is now 1920 X 1080 (which looks really small) and all other resolutions look bad. It almost as if my pc now recognizes this tv as a 1080p which it is not.

I have a GTX 760 GPU, run Windows 8.1 and the tv in question is connected through a HDMI to DisplayPort. (Other is HDMI to HDMI)

One more note, in the NVIDIA Control Panel, the 1360 X 768 option is only available for 1080p or 1080i, 720p is only a choice for 1280 x 720p Native resolution, which again, looks terrible.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Monitors always look best at the native resolution of the panel if they are LCD based.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152629

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice