1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resolution problem? :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aadd, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aadd

aadd Thread Starter

Hello Everyone

I just found out that my Monitor does not support all the resolutions it only supports 1024x768 with (32 bit) i tried all the other resolutions but my monitor just does back to the original resolution!! don't know why? :( :(

My Graphic card is Radeon X700 Series, but i don't think it has anything to do with the my grathics!!?

Is there a program i could use to make the other resolutions work??

Please if anyone knows the answer for this could oyu plz tell me!!:confused: :( :confused:

Thankz in Advance

2. photolady

photolady

Are you using the correct graphics driver for that card? If not, I suggest you upgrade it. Just because a monitor only supports UP TO 1024x768, doesn't mean the monitor won't allow you to use other settings below that. Something isn't right for sure. Did you uncheck the option to "Hide modes the monitor can't display" in Desktop properties?

3. aadd

aadd Thread Starter

Are you using the correct graphics driver for that card? YES i checked

it is something to do with the monitor i tried another monitor and i could switch the resulotion to what ever i want !!!!!

in my monitor i can't play Warcraft III when i go on the game the screen in blank !! then i used my brothers monitor and the game worked

Plus i checked the game you told me to try and i passed everything!!

Do you have any idea what might be the problem ? :confused:

4. photolady

photolady

Did you do this I asked before:

There may be other settings you need to change. Checking the display isn't all of it when it comes to games. Are you trying to play at full throttle? If so, try changing some settings in the game, lowering them, then try to play the game again.

Also, you chould check to see if your monitor manufacturer has a driver for that monitor which would then allow you to change the settings.

5. aadd

aadd Thread Starter

No sorry forgive my ignorance but i am new to computers and i don't know how to do that can you tell me plz!!?

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I know this is a radical idea, but why not tell us the make/model of the monitor in question?

7. aadd

aadd Thread Starter

i originaly bought my computer from Tiny and the monitor is made by Sonic !

thier website : http://www.viewsonic.com/ ( i think )

hope that help!!?

plz can someone help i really need this to work plz ???! :(

thz

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    These other resolutions that don't work, are they higher or lower? Can you set 800 x 600? If you can't set lower resolutions then maybe the video driver is corrupt.

Or the game could possible be trying to use a resolution or refresh rate thats beyond the capability of the monitor. Many games have a Safe Mode option thatou can use to enter the game and change settings.

The model of the monitor should be printed on the back, it should be something like ViewSonic GF70f.

Also note that several ATI drivers have resolved issues with WoW. You may want to consider updating to the latest one: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=293

9. aadd

aadd Thread Starter

thz for that ill try now !!!! (y)

This forum is sooooooo goood !!! (y)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice