1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resolution problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by krupesh10, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krupesh10

krupesh10 Thread Starter

Hi
    How to set 1360*768 resolution in XP SP-2 for LG TFT Monitor i could not get this in settings even others are not fit properly, i tried powestrip software here i got it but aftersome time it was display black screen with resolution outof range.
    please help if anyone facing similar problem,

thanks in advance

krupesh N

2. oksteve

oksteve

FYI :) If your monitor is designed to achieve that resolution then great but if not you will most likely damage it beyond repair

3. krupesh10

krupesh10 Thread Starter

Hi
    thanks for the instant replay, actually that monitor was designed for 1360*768 resolution, if i set other like 1280*768 i can't able to get proper display (for instance: circle is looks like oven) but in default setting i unable investigate that numbers i tried very much ultimately i fed up with this and now i am thinking my previous CRT was good compared to this hell.

thanks
    Krupesh N

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager, then click the + in

Display Adapters

Advise what's listed there, and spell it correctly.

Double-click what's listed there, then click Driver(tab).

What's the driver version and driver date?

----------------------------------------------------------------

It's possible that your computer is too old and that the display adapter isn't capable of providing the native resolution settings for a wide-screen LCD monitor.

I recently ran into this problem after replacing an old 15" CRT monitor with a 19" wide-screen LCD monitor on a 9-year old HP desktop for an elderly woman. We had to settle for a 1024 X 768 resolution and adjust the font and text settings to her liking. There's still a slight horizontal stretch, but she's content with that.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice