1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resolution problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Irriated2, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irriated2

Irriated2 Thread Starter

When I turn my computer on after loggoing in, A window comes up saying I need to raise my resolution. My computer is running the recommended resolution. How do I get this msg from coming up...It is very irrating..Also will this affect my games? when I try to load farmville 2, only shadows of where things are suppose to be show up...Thank you..

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try updating your video driver.

3. ShERiFF91

ShERiFF91

Hi all!

Please help me! I have a problem with resolution, and i haven't got a solution for my issue yet.
    Sorry for my english, i'm actually hungarian..:)
    So the problem is, that the resolution changed in a second without any users intervention to 1024*768 from 1920*1080.
    I connect through HDMI cable, and i have an nVidia 560GTX videocard with DVI and miniHDMI ports and an LG M2450D-PZ monitor with VGA and HDMI ports.
    Computer restart did not help, and i noticed, that instead of the windows 7 logo, i'd seen a vista boot logo.
    Tried to reinstall the nvidia driver (with driver sweeper), but it did not help either.
    These are the steps i tried:
    Reinstalled Windows, Installed another nvidia driver (314.14, the actual driver is 314.07), changed monitor and HDMI cable, changed PCI-E slot, changed RAM slot, BIOS reset.
    And here is the interesting part:
    When i connect through DVI port with VGA cable, i have the 1920*1080 resolution without problem with the same videocard.
    I tried this videocard in another PC and it worked properly on 1920*1080 resolution through HDMI cable.
    I have one more videocard (Sapphire HD4890OC), but with this one, i can't see anything. This videocard does not send signal to the monitor through HDMI cable at all. Through DVI port with VGA cable it does work properly too.

I do not know what to do now, please help me if you can!

Thanks a lot!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice