Resolution Reduced After System Restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thesilfieszone

System Info
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire M5800/M3800
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core 2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz,
RAM: 8.00 GB

Problem
My display resolution has been reduced to (1680x1050).

What Happened
I ended a processes "csrss.exe" the description was "Client Server Runtime Process", I instantly received a blue screen of death

The computer restarted, and froze on the BIOS screen, I did a hard boot and I told windows to start normally.

After the windows 7 boot screen but before the log on it said "configuring updates" (it went through a bug check).
The computer restarted again

It booted fine to the windows 7 log on screen.

When I logged on my Display Resolution was changed and much lower (1680x1050) and did not give me the option to increase the Resolution. I don't remember my old resolution but it was greater than the current setting.

SOLUTION: All I had to do was update my chipset drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online