1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resolution?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Motoxpro, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Motoxpro

Motoxpro Thread Starter

i have a:

Pentium 4 2.81 Ghz
    1.00 GB Of DDR RAM
    Radeon 9700 Pro

and the best resolution i can get is 1024x768
    whats wrong?

2. RandyG

RandyG

What monitor do you have?

Resolution limitation is the worst of your Graphics Card and Monitor.

Your Radeon 9700 Pro defintiely does not have that limitation, but 15" monitors and smaller would have probs going higher than 1024x768, Besides, those smaller monitors would make everything too small to view comfortably in higher resolutions.

This goes for smaller LCD screens, like on laptops and Flatscreens, as well.

The only mintors that you would even want to consider higher than 1024x768 would be 19" and above.

Now all of that aside, if you have at least a 17" montior, you should be able to view a higher resolution. You may need to remove your graphics drivers and reinstall them, as they may be corrupt. Howveer, unless there is soime need for you to do this, and you have no other problems, then I would recommend against it.

What Operating System do you have?

3. Motoxpro

Motoxpro Thread Starter

I have a mag innovision wich i got in 99-2000 and i have win xp.......if it is my monitor what would be the best one for me to get

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You may have to remove your monitor from Device Manager and have windows find it again. Also if you can download an .inf file for your monitor from the manufactures website which will tell the computer what resolutions, and what refresh rates it supports.

5. Motoxpro

Motoxpro Thread Starter

well its a 99 i think and its a plug and play so i tried to do that and didnt do anything and i dont think the site have the drivers for my monitor nemore

6. RandyG

RandyG

MagInnovision is a standard monitor, but you did not say what size you have, or which model number it is. On the back of the monitor, you should be able to find the model number.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice