Resolution?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Motoxpro

i have a:

Pentium 4 2.81 Ghz
1.00 GB Of DDR RAM
Radeon 9700 Pro

and the best resolution i can get is 1024x768
whats wrong?

What monitor do you have?

Resolution limitation is the worst of your Graphics Card and Monitor.

Your Radeon 9700 Pro defintiely does not have that limitation, but 15" monitors and smaller would have probs going higher than 1024x768, Besides, those smaller monitors would make everything too small to view comfortably in higher resolutions.

This goes for smaller LCD screens, like on laptops and Flatscreens, as well.

The only mintors that you would even want to consider higher than 1024x768 would be 19" and above.

Now all of that aside, if you have at least a 17" montior, you should be able to view a higher resolution. You may need to remove your graphics drivers and reinstall them, as they may be corrupt. Howveer, unless there is soime need for you to do this, and you have no other problems, then I would recommend against it.

What Operating System do you have?

Motoxpro

I have a mag innovision wich i got in 99-2000 and i have win xp.......if it is my monitor what would be the best one for me to get

Triple6

Rob
You may have to remove your monitor from Device Manager and have windows find it again. Also if you can download an .inf file for your monitor from the manufactures website which will tell the computer what resolutions, and what refresh rates it supports.

Motoxpro

well its a 99 i think and its a plug and play so i tried to do that and didnt do anything and i dont think the site have the drivers for my monitor nemore

MagInnovision is a standard monitor, but you did not say what size you have, or which model number it is. On the back of the monitor, you should be able to find the model number.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online