1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

resolutions setting changes shortlt after I open pc

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by qosmonic, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qosmonic

qosmonic Thread Starter

I made some changes for power saving. But it made everything lg. and pages would not work right. So I changed resolutions settings to 1024/760. Clicked apply and restarted pc. When I opened a program. All of a sudden everything went lg. again- resolutions back to lowest setting. It keeps doing this. How do I keep the resolutions settings @ 1024/760 ? Help... [email protected]

2. pleinair

pleinair

I had the same effect on my old system. It wasn't a real problem for me because it only happened in full screen programs and mainly games as long as they were running, and once I closed them down windows reverted to my regular screen resolution.

Is it the same case with your system, or is it doing it and doesn't change back to its custom screen resolution once you close down the full screen programs?

Also, I'm not sure why would you need to restart the pc when changing the resolution.
    Is it usually like this for your system? If so then I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with this kind of a system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice