1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Adobe Acrobat won't run...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by KenMt, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KenMt

KenMt Thread Starter

I still can't get Acrobat to run.I tried uninstalling,rebooting,turning off virus protection,and reinstalling Acrobat 5.0 from website.Still the same thing-as soon as I try to open it,I get the 'ol ACRORD32 illegal operation and will be shut down,caused a problem in module unknown.I even borrowed a game installation disc with Acrobat 4.0 on it and I still have the same problem.I'm pretty much 'puter illiterate-help!

2. ratchet

ratchet

Go start/control panel then add/remove programs and see if you have more than one version of Adobe listed. If so remove the oldest.

3. KenMt

KenMt Thread Starter

No other Adobe in start/remove programs ,just the one I installed off a disc this morning.

4. KenMt

KenMt Thread Starter

I meant add/remove programs.

5. ratchet

ratchet

This must be getting pretty old.

I read thru your other posts trying to firgure out which operating system you are using.

Which is it 95/98/me/2000 or xp?
    Which version of Adobe Acrobat are you using?
    Please post the exact error message you are recieving.

6. KenMt

KenMt Thread Starter

Is there a way to take the entire Error message and post it here w/o typing it?
    Oh yes,Windows 98se.The Adobe Acrobat I downloaded from a disc this morning is 4.0.
    Thanks for the interest Ratchet-it is truly appreciated.

7. KenMt

KenMt Thread Starter

The Error message says ACRORD32 This program has performed an illegal function and will be shut down".
    Clicking the "Details" box says " ACRORD32 caused an invalid page fault in module unknown at 0000:5020202e."
    Under that is "Registers" and a buch of letters/numbers followed by "Bytes at CS EIP",then "stack dump"and a bunch more letters.
    However,I just right clicked on the Adobe icon and selected "properties".
    Under the "General" box it says "type-Shortcut"
    C:\Windows\Desktop
    MS-DOS name ACROBA"1LNK
    Target Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0 Reader\

When I select "find target",I get the same error message as I do when I just try to open Adobe except when I close the error message box I get this:
    Cannot find the file C:\Program Files\Adobe Acrobat 4.0\Reader\ReadMe\pdf' or one of it's components.Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available.

8. KenMt

KenMt Thread Starter

OK,correction. When I click on the "shortcut" button,a Reader Window opens up with the following :
    ActiveX browser'
    Opitional plug ins
    [c]Adobe Admus316
    Acrofx32.dll
    Acrols32.dll
    Acrord 32
    Agm.dll
    Cooltype .dll
    Readme

When I try to open the "Readme",thats when the other error message appears.

9. ratchet

ratchet

I would add/remove adobe 4.0, scandisk, defrag, reboot and download, save adobe 5.1 setup to desktop.

Then close program(Crtl, Alt, Delete) on everything except systray and explorer and run setup.

Check step 2
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

10. KenMt

KenMt Thread Starter

I had a program called "Fix It 4.0",which was a 'puter diagnostic/troubleshooting program.Uninstalled it,Adobe works great.Thanks for the input Ratchet.-----------Ken

11. colleeno

colleeno

I encountered this error message when I launch Adobe Reader 5.0. - Acrord32 Caused an invalid page fault module acrord32.exe at 0177:004532102. After I close the Error window, the application continues to launch, then another error appears: The plug-in failed to initialize. Adobe reader finally launches but there are no menus (files, etc.) only tools.

The system is W98SE. Browser is Internet Explorer 5.01 sp2. I did the following: looked for older versions - none; uninstalled Adobe 5.0 and re-installed - still doesn't work; uninstalled Adobe 5.0, removed rements from the registeries and then re-installed. Still doesn't work. Note: Adobe Reader was working up until a week ago. Obviously something has changed but ?

Thanks

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice