1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Adobe Photoshop 6...GRRR!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by violator, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. violator

violator Thread Starter

If there is anyone out there that is familiar with Photoshop 6, then I need your help. I was trying to use this program to fix some pictures that I took with my digital camera, but for some reason, I can't get PS 6 to load correctly. I keep getting the same error message over and over again, and it's driving me NUTS!!! This is the message that I get....

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program C:\ Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0\Photoshop.exe

Abnormal Program Termination.

Anyone can tell me what this means, and maybe how to fix it?

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it ?

3. violator

violator Thread Starter

There in lies the problem. When I got my system, that program was pre-installed, and I don't have any disks from which to re-install. Let me guess, that means that I'm basically screwed?

4. Casey820

Casey820

The company you purchased the computer from should have given you the software either on separate CDs or on a restore CD. You should also have the paper licenses which allow you to legally use the software. Call the company you purchased the computer from and ask for the disks for the software. If they refuse, contact Adobe about receiving replacement CDs. They'll need the license number.

If you got this computer used from a friend without any CDs or licenses, you cannot legally use the software and cannot reinstall it.

5. violator

violator Thread Starter

wow, that's a lot of legal mumbo jumbo to worry about. i get a registration number when i try to start the program up, but i think that it might be easier to just go out and buy the updated version. Thanks anyway. :( :( :( :(

6. slipe

slipe

7. violator

violator Thread Starter

Just to let you all know, I never did manage to figure out what was going on with that visual C++ nightmare, but because of other problems, and constant prodding, I upgraded to XP, and it seems to have fixed the problems. Thanks

8. Flrman1

Flrman1

Glad you got it worked out.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/126252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice