[Resolved] Arghhhhh-Outlook Express Hanging

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redhack

can somebody please help me,i am running windows me,and am having probs with outlook express,when i load o,e the page just hangs and i have to reboot to get out of it ,the strange thing though is that every now and again it works fine .like once in every thirty attempts,i am a novice on computers,can anyone please help me with an answer in laymans terms thanx

redhack

:mad: still need help,outlook express keeps hanging,i have 43 e-mails to read and cannot get into them,running m.e,strange thing is about every 30 or so attempts,it works fine,i am a novice and it,s driving me scatty.......someone take pity on me and help me ,cheers

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. You need to post back to your same thread to continue receiving assistance.

I'll merge both threads.

redhack

no-one seems able to help at the moment,i am new to this site and don,t know the protocols,do i have to hang around all night waiting for replies?regards

etaf

Wayne
how much have you running on the PC.
have a look at
start
run
msconfig
then lookk at startup tab
and post the info -
you may have loads of programs running and running out of resources.

can you post your system specs
how much memory do you have
how much disk space
how much free disk space
what version of outlook express

etaf

Wayne
thats OK - i have replied to one of your other posts,
try not to keep posting new threads just reply to your own thread.
sometimes you may have to wait a while before someone answers - depends on the time - remember its a global forum - i'm in UK so will not reply during the night.
it also depends on if someone on the forum feels they can add any reply to your question.

so you may be replied to immediately and have a constant string of replies - other times it may take a while
have a ookk at my reply and answer the questions i have put

cybertech

Retired Moderator
o.e. are we talking outlook express? Can you be more specific about the problem or help you need?

redhack

HELLO CYBERTECH problem is outlook express keeps hanging it,s full of mail but i can,t access it ,but every now and again say 1 attempt in thirty or so it works fine,

etaf

Wayne
system specification for example
make/model of PC
speed of processor
amount of memory
free disk space
total disk space
do you have a CD/floppy
versions of outlook express
version of IE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online