{RESOLVED}AST Adventure 6066d Bois Flash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smithmdan

Trying to flash the bios of this older computer with a .exe file downloaded from the AST website.
Read me file says to make a bootable floppy with the flash file on it (Flash.ast).
I am supposed to reboot the computer with said disk and follow the instructions on the screen.
Computer wil not boot with this disk, therefore I cannot flash the bios.
Any suggestions?

smithmdan

make sure your floppy isn't switched off in the bios... otherwise, the computer doesn't check for it.

it should have been on for you to make the disk to start with, but sometimes my computer randomly switchs the floppy off... I don't know why.

Format the disk with the /s switch to install system files, copy or extract the flash file to the floppy, your machine should boot to a dos prompt with this, unless your boot from floppy is disable as mentioned above.

Max19

Account Disabled
Go into the BIOS to verify that you have the floppy drive selected for the first device to boot from.

smithmdan

Thanks for the quick help!
This was my first post, great system!
Will try both suggestions later and let you know what happens.

Thanks
smithmdan

smithmdan

Bios is set to boot to floppy first.

Bios has a bios update option in it.

Bios update section states that I will hear two beeps when bios is flashed. If more beeps see system documention ( which I don't have).

I rebooted from bios update section and got two long beeps, a pause, then five short beeps.

Is bios Flashed? How would I tell for sure?

smithmdan

Bios ver and date are old ones.

Will go to the AST website and check error beep codes.

Should I still try the format/s and copy flash.ast back over option?

smithmdan

Problem Solved!

Went thought the process again starting with the extracting of the flash.ast file to floppy.
Extract must not have got the whole file first time.

Second try worked and Bios is now updated.

Thanks for the help.

say, TSG people out there, how do you mark posts solved? I have tried before and it didn't quite work. Is it just a moderator thing? Someone mark this baby SOLVED! :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online