{RESOLVED}blank monitor in 480 by 640

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Toddles18

When I try to run a game that automatically switches my screen resolution to 640 by 480 and over 16 colors, by screen turns off like there is no signal. I have an Nvida GeForce 2 mx 400 with the newest drivers available installed and a proview 986 n 19" monitor with the newest drivers available installed for it, It is doing this in Windows 98, but I have XP installed using a dual boot and the games work in it. Any Idea's guys?

Toddles18

Well, I've tried about 8 versions on the drivers from the newest to the oldest, and 6 in between with no sucess, I also changed my monitor from the driver to a generic 19" monitor with no luck. Any other idea's? I also did hook up an old 15" monitor and tried to play the same games that wouldn't work on my 19" on the 15" they worked just fine. Any idea's would be greatly apperciated.

Really weird, one thing I can think of you can try. Go to start/settings/control panel/display/settings/advanced, adapter tab, if it's set to optimal in the box in the middle of the dialogue box, try adapter default.

Toddles18

Brian your my hero man, not the first time you've helped me out, you do a great service to the people who use this forum, once again, my thanks. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online