[Resolved] Boot Up {unknown configuration message}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cackar

I'm running Windows 98 SE on a Pentium 433 with 128mb ram, 32mb video, 15 gig hard drive.

This just started happening. On boot up a screen comes up that says, "Windows cannot determine what configuration your computer is in."
1-Original
2-Bitmap
3-None of the above.

I choose 1 and it boots up, but I've never seen this before.
Is there some larger problem going on? Something that will cause me grief later?

Thanks for any input on this.

Try this: windows key+Pause to bring up the System Properies applet. Check the "hardware profiles" tab to see if you have multiple profiles there.

cackar

Thanks for your speedy reply. I'll try these things and get back to you.

cackar

Thanks. I checked the hardware profiles and there was one called "bitmap". I have no idea how it got there but I deleted it and I no longer get that annoying message. So far no other problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online