1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by faithchris, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faithchris

faithchris Thread Starter

:confused: Hi, I use my Norton windows scan and I keep getting the message C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared." I talked to Gateway Tech and they told me to back up all files and I did on a previous problem but one disc, the second one was corrupt (so it said). I lost everything. I am afraid to do this again they suggest I redo my windows from the very begining that always seems to be there answer. I cannot afford to lose data now. I am having that error message come up and I cannot use my send to drive E to copy discs properly so I got the updated version of Rioxio since the one I had was out dated so I moved up to Roxio 6 and I cannot do anything as far as coping files to disc. I am upset because a very important file is stuck in Roxio 6 that has my excel spreedsheet and it will not let me open it or copy it to CD. I hope this made sense. Please help if you can. I am running a gateway 700XL with XP Thanks

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome.

Is Norton Anti Virus finding that file? Or are you using Norton Utilities?

3. faithchris

Yes I am and yes Norton is the one finding this problem I use Norton Internet Security and System works 2004. The one button check up and problem scans keep finding it and cannot fix it. I also cannot copy a disc as in Roxio 6 doesn't seem to work I seem to lose the file into a Roxio file and cannot get it out.

4. ~Candy~

Did uninstall the previous version? My guess is that something is incorrect in the registry. I'm going to have to find someone else to verify that.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

6. ~Candy~

7. faithchris

Hi I am so greatful for the information. Yes it is a problem with Norton Internet Security when using utilities and one button check. So, now I just have to remember when doing the clean up that I just uncheck that first. Your a life saver I have enough trouble with my computer without losing all data again. I'll be backkkkkkkk Thanks so very much for your time and effort and for this site. (y)

8. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Hi FaithChriss, glad to hear the problem resolved, but what "worked" -- just not having Norton fix those issues or doing a registry edit? That particular edit would be rather specific to RoxioPhotoSuite.

And did you have to reinstall Roxio?

9. faithchris

Hi, Well I didn't use the photosuite so I deleted that completely (I never used it) I uninstalled the Roxio 6 and reinstalled it and did a utility check on Norton and just unmarked the box to clean it up and also on the one button. That was to easy I know but it seems to have been more of a Norton Problem than anything else. I appreicate all your help, you have no idea how much!! :) faithchris

10. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/231056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice