1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Can't fix the stupid moniter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sonny321, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sonny321

Sonny321 Thread Starter

One of my lovely children messed with those button thingies on the bottom of the moniter, and now I can't get the screen back to the way it's supposed to be. I have tried adjusting those bottons in nearly every conceivable way and the screen is still messed up. The right side is nearly the way it should be but the left side is all bulged out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I have an ongoing problem with the computer not shutting down at all forcing me to shut it off using that button thing on the tower which causes a scan disk to run every time I turn it back on again. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.:)

2. brianF

brianF

find the reset button or reset to factory defaults.

3. Sonny321

Sonny321 Thread Starter

Where is the reset button usually located, I am not sure how to do as you have instructed, I am rather illiterate about this computer

4. brianF

brianF

I take it you have thumb wheel type controls and not onscreen display type.

Try looking at the back of the monitor, seen some with a reset button there.

5. Sonny321

Sonny321 Thread Starter

and there is no reset button there that I can see. The buttons that I have been fiddling with are at the bottom of the front part of the moniter. There is a #1 and a down arrow and an up arrow and a #2, pushing the 1 brings up a menu on the screen, I thought that choosing Memory recall from that menu was what you meant but nothing hapened when I did that. The moniter is a View Soonic, it that helps any. Sorry to be such a pain,

6. brianF

brianF

look around in the on screen menu, there has to be a reset or default setting in there.

7. Sonny321

Sonny321 Thread Starter

is back to normal again, My husband messed with it when he got home and fixed it. never did find a reset button though. Thanks for the help

8. TechChick

TechChick

I've never seen a reset button on a monitor, but there is a reset FUNCTION. You have to press the buttons on your monitor to get to a menu screen, and from there you can select to reset your monitor to factory settings.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!