[Resolved] Can't reinstall Eudora

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ezy

For Rollin Rog,
I said I'd post again if and when I heard from Qualcomm. I did hear and the person said "Our apologies. The installer for Windows Eudora 4.0.x was poorly designed. In order for the 'Install' button to work, you must first highlight the 'Eudora Pro 4.0' listing on the left.

Please let me know if the problem persists.".
Of course I let him know that I'm no further along than I was when I emailed him about it in the first place. I think what I need is for someone to tell me how to re-install Eudora Pro because each time I try I can't get anywhere when I click on the button that says "Install". I am using the CD and when I get that installed or reinstalled I should say I will go to Eudora's website and download the 5.02 that I had on my computer before the repairman got ahold of it. Well that is the way things stand now; the exact same as before. I did get an attachment from someone on this list named Del who sent me the Paige32.dll only now there is another Dll that pops up. It's QCUTILS.DLL. Geesh how many .dll's are there that are missing I wonder.
Ezy

If & when you get it installed again ... be sure & scan for trojans & virus if you get it off the net. I downloaded Eudora e-mail & got a trojan.... AVG virus scanner caught it as soon as it installed & vaulted it. Told me it was in the Qualcomm DL. I kid you not.

Savvy

ezy did email me that she got Eudora installed, didn't specify how, but I will mark this solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online