1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) CFS1 Freezes Computer

Discussion in 'Games' started by Panda39, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Panda39

Panda39 Thread Starter

After looking over the forum I have not been able to find anything that helps. The problem I have is when I try t lay the game online or off I can enter the game normally but as soon as the game begins and I am in the cockpit my joystickand keyboard stops working the monitor freezes in the game (I continue to hear sounds like the game is playing) ctrl/alt/delete does not function and the only way out is to shut down the comp, one other thing the esc key does allow me to move the mouse but i cannot leave the screen or pull up the systray. I have run diagnostics and all seems to work fine. System temp is normal. All other programs work fine, and i do not have any problems playing free internet games on MSN Gaming Zone :confused:

2. flyeater

flyeater

I would first try updating your video card drivers. Be sure to uninstall your old drivers before installing the newer ones.

3. Panda39

Panda39 Thread Starter

Ok i reinstalled the drivers for the graphics card to the latest same result. One thing i forgot to mention I also updated to dx 9 would that have anything to do with this problem? I have run dxdia but it freezes when I try to run the direct 3d test same as when I try to play the games. This is my problem I can't even get a report on what is wrong because I have to shut down with the power button so the file is not saved only says the test was not run.

4. Panda39

Panda39 Thread Starter

I just disabled the Direct 3d and my games play. The question now is how do i get it to work again as it was before this all happened. :confused:

5. Spop

Spop

Did your graphics card come preinstalled with your compter? What game are you trying to play?

6. Panda39

Panda39 Thread Starter

No I put the computer togeather its home built. Combat Flight Simulator 1

7. flyeater

flyeater

This may sound goofy but do you have the latest drivers for your sound card?
    I've seen the sound card cause some odd problems.

8. Panda39

Panda39 Thread Starter

Ok a little more information:
    I have updated all drivers to the latest for all my cards. I have also isolated what the problem is but not the cause, the problem is the direct 8 interfaces :confused:, whatever they are, when I run dxdiag and try to test direct 3d the direct 7 interface test runs just fine, but the comp freezes when the direct x 8 interface test starts. My question now is does anyone know what files this includes and if I can replace them ie: OS files or direct x files or other. I would like to save a complete reinstall of windows as a last resort if at all possible. This is a tough one and I am completly stumped as I have chased this around for several days now.
    All help is welcome and appreciated ;)

9. flyeater

flyeater

10. Panda39

Panda39 Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments and help you have provided as it turns out it was my graphics card going bad all along :mad: I had only to replace it and all is working well now. Thanks again

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice