[Resolved] clean hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

steve5566

i want to reformatt my hard drive
i have none of the original software on the computer to reformatt
but i have all of the software of another computer
is this posssible ?
do i need to know anything else about the computer and also how do i formatt the hard drive

thank in advance

steve

Steve5566
It doesn't matter what is on the computer now..as long as you have a copy of what ever you want to INSTALL, you are good to go..Below are a couple of great links with info re: clean installs....
Tom Porterfield--Reinstall
MR E's Clean install

One final word..... As a rule.....it is NOT legeal to have the OS on more than one machine at a time without a different license arangement/purchase

steve5566

thanks jack i know about the legalities but this other computer is for a 3 year to play games on
i will try the links you listed i was just worried about drivers and other things since i don't know anything about the other system

Yeah...you'll NEED the drivers!! Try doing a search for a program called "drvexp17"...it's a zip download. It will capture all of the machines driver files...could be a real lifesaver!

steve5566

still having trouble the format c: command at the a:>prompt
says bad command or file name
the windows 98 boot disk doesn't have format.com nor does the startup disk i made
does this format.com have to be on the ? if so where do i get it
my system says now the operating system is missing but i don't have enough disk space to load windows without formatting my c drive

thanks for any help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online