(RESOLVED) Cleaned dust bunnies- strange effect

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnO28356

Opened the tower this morning and cleaned fans, boards, blew out dust, etc. When I hooked it all back up and booted, everything was fine with the exception of Sygate. For some wierd reason, it had to be retaught everything that is authorized to go out on the net. I've never heard of this or experienced it. Has anyone else seen anything like this ?

you are even lucky to get sygate to work. they have been bought out by symantec. there is no more free firewall from them.

JohnO28356

Been using Sygate for quite a while now. Good firewall. Way back when I first downloaded it, I burned it to CD, so will never deal with Symantec. I have the paid version of Zone Alarm, just waiting for ZA to fix their problems so I can put it back on. Meanwhile-- anyone ever experience my original question?

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, No, never heard of a program losing it's mind like that just from shutting down and cleaning dust. Had you been running 24/7 without occaisonally restarting?
Seems that Sygate has restarted with it's brand new default settings...

I don't know if it has a way to automatically reset what you had- do you see anything for resetting the program to a previous config? Maybe someone who uses Sygate will post back...

JohnO28356

I shut this down every night, and clear the FF cache once a day. Just can't figure out why Sygate went to default settings. I didn't touch the HD's, cards, etc, but even if I had, that shouldn't have caused it. Oh well, I'm just resetting it as it asks, no problem, just a curiosity. Thanks.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, Guess re-teaching it will have to do this time. Hoped someone might pitch in...I will mark this RESOLVED for you. Anyone can still post here with help if they wish.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online