[Resolved] Computer messages blow my mind !!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

klloyd

I need 128-bit encryption to access a secure site to bank on-line. I get a message that says "Browser is not capable of supporting level of security" then has me click a link to "test my browsers security". I get the following error message: MICROSOFT VBSscript runtime error (Blah, Blah). ActiveX component can't create object/test.asp. Can someone translate this for me please and even possibly tell me what I have to do????? Thanks a bunch !!

klloyd
If you are running Internet Explorer as your browser you must be running version 5.01 or below. If so you will have to download the update for 128 encryption.
For download from Microsoft Click Here
Once there select the version of IE you have and download.
Dave

klloyd

OK, OK - laugh now and get it over with...but I don't know what "browser" I am using. I have AOL as my internet access. This is my "browser", right? I don't know what version I should update at the site you linked me to. I thought I was somewhat familliar with computers until this internet thing came along. Now I am completely without knowledge. :confused:

Hi klloyd,Go to start>run>type in msinfo32>when the window opens,you should see what version your running,

klloyd

:D Thanx all for your help. My computer has once again escaped the flight from a ten-story building. Thanks again.....:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online