1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Connection on Start Up

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by xico, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

I would like to have my Win 98 dial up when I boot up. I got Weatherbug and Intellicast and suddenly I was automatically being dialed up. Well, I really didn't need Intellicast on Start Up, so I checked it off Start Up, and then there were no more automatic Start Ups. I clicked them back on, but the automatic dial ups were gone. In fact, when I went to internet options > connections, the "never dial up connections" box was checked. Hmmmm. I, of course, checked the "dial my default connections" box--but I would like to have the dial up connection do it automatically, so that I can be doing other things while "Hamlet" is warming up and checking out the maze. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Just create a shortcut to Internet Explorer and place it in your Start Menu > Programs > Startup folder.

3. xico

xico Thread Starter

Thank you for the info. No, thank you very much for the info. It is greatly appreciated.
    Hope you have a marvelous day!

4. xico

xico Thread Starter

I think we can mark this one solved RollinRog. Again, thank you very much. It's kind of nice to wake up with an answer to an annoyance.

I wish you a really nice day.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Will do, you are certainly welcome.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice