1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}cpu beeps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lisamike57, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lisamike57

lisamike57 Thread Starter

When I turn on the cpu I get a repeated long beep and nothing else. What's up?
    Need help school is starting Monday.....

2. deuce

deuce

What bios do you have? I think that beep usually means no memory so make sure the ram is seated correctly, but different brands of bios use different beep codes.

3. lisamike57

lisamike57 Thread Starter

that was it! By the way it is an Award BIOS
    Thank soooooo much!

4. deuce

deuce

No problem. :D Award is what I have on the computer I use most often... (I'm not as geeky as it sounds, really) so that was the first code that came to mind. I think this is the quickest I have ever solved a thread... :) Have a good weekend and good luck in all your future computing needs... :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice