{Resolved} Defrag and scandisk have ceased to work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Happycamper

About 2 weeks ago, I set my task scheduler to run these tasks at a different time, since doing that, neither one has worked. I have tried the "run" button, and the set time, with no results. I have also tried reinstalling these components from my Win 98 cd, still nothing. PLEASE.......help I am at a complete loss.:confused:

Are you saying that neither program works at all? Or that Task Scheduler won't run them?

Happycamper

Neither program works at all, either by running the task scheduler, or by running individually. Scandisc starts, and then stops and restarts, but never completing the task. And defrag, just won't work at all.

Possibly there is a problem and something is getting in the way. The first thing to try would be to boot to Safe Mode and run scandisk and defrag there.

If that doesn't work. Boot to the command prompt and run scandisk there. NEVER run defrag or try to run it in DOS. You can lose all your long file names and have a disaster on your hands if you do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online