1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Deleted program

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by roymilton, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roymilton

roymilton Thread Starter

Hi. Yesterday itried to download a bookkeeping program from the net.Due to the age of my pc, it would not work.I could not uninstall it so i deleted it, oh dear.I was asked if i was sure about sending it to the recycle bin etc and clicked ok. the program disappeared but did not go to the recycle bin.The trouble is,my hard drive is nearly full and deleting this program did not change the amount of space on the hard drive, when it should have cleared about 30 Meg.There is no sign of it in explorer.
    I would be grateful if anyone could help

Many Thanks Roy

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Only files smaller than what ever you have your computer set for will go to the recycle bin. Larger files like the one you deleted get cleaned from the hard drive.

What may have happened is the hard drive is so fragmented you can't see the difference.

Go to my site and follow the instructions in the index followed by the 3 red * and then run the defrag program in windows and see if that doesn't help you regain some space.

http://www.rselby.com/Windows.html

3. roymilton

roymilton Thread Starter

Thanks for the help Rick.
    I have found the missing files in the temp directory and deleted them and have now 50 Meg of disk space.I think the way i had explorer set did not allow me to see these files before.I have also defraged the drive and everythings running fine now.

Many Thanks Roy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!