1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Display Properties

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cooldep, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooldep

cooldep Thread Starter

Hello & Happy New Year,,I have a strange problem, to me anyway. When I go to my Display Properties the tab that use to be there for the desktop like a web site is missing. I have Win98se & IE5.5. I'm probably doing something wrong but I can't find it. I try the Folder Options in the Menu but not helping.
    By the way, I really like the looks of this Board,,KEWL!!

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Go to Start>run and type regedit. Press enter. Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    In the right pane look for this entry:
    NoActiveDesktopChanges

IF you find it, delete it.

Close the registry and reboot to have the change take effect.

3. cooldep

cooldep Thread Starter

GREAT!!!!!!!! It worked Mosaic1, everything back to normal!Thank you kindly. If its not to hard to explain or if your not to busy, what caused that to happen to my Display Prop.??
    :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice