1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] divide error in MSO97.dll

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Richard B, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Richard B

Richard B Thread Starter

MSOFFICE Word 97 suddenly won't open...receiving "Divide error in MSO97.dll at 0177: 306df600" Program was working perfectly for the last 4 years. The ONLY things done just prior to this defect was to do a Norton 2003 Virus check, then a "fast & safe cleanup", followed by my bi-monthly "defrag". All checks proceeded normally. I removed the entire MSWord program and reloaded using the same program disks used for the initial install (that came with my Compac Presario 5600i). I have gone thru the hard drive and Norton checked everything...did find one lost chain that Norton repaired. Re-loaded the program again but I continue to receive the Divide error as stated...suggestions on where to look to fix this...I'd really like to get back into MSWord as some work is piling up on me....

2. ratchet

ratchet

3. Richard B

Richard B Thread Starter

Downloaded and installed the service release updates (SR-1 & SR-2) from Microsoft at the location you advised. This corrected whatever glitch I had and Word 97 is working again. Thanks for your input and direction Ratchet

4. ratchet

ratchet

Glad I could help, and it worked. Thanks for letting me know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice