[Resolved] dll file missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

esq2000

Hey guys;
have aol, went to store and signed up for msn,loaded software, could net connect, called msn and they told me to reconfigure my connection,popped in my windows 98 disk and tried and received this error: could not find 32dll file. any suggestions on how I can reclaim this file and connect to msn?

esq2000
I cannot find any reference to 32.dll are you sure there is not some other charatures before the 32? Allot of 32 bit dll files exist
but all believe have alphas before the 32.
Dave

esq2000

ok. got connected to msn. solved.
now I have a problem with getting my old antivirus program completely uninstalled from my sytem.
at boot up I receive this message until I press enter several times (progra`1\norton`1\navap.vxd)

then after pressing enter several times windows will start up and the an error box will appear (ERROR STARTING)(NEWDEV.DLL WAS NOT FOUND).

esq2000

ok. took care of start up. then went to link and downloaded newdev.dll. what do I do once I download the dll file. I quess I am asking, where do I put the dll file?

Not really sure why anything should be looking for that file in Win98, as it only is found installed in WinME and Win2K.

But try placing it in the Windows directory. It appears to be a part of a hardware installer package.

You can just right click on it and select "copy", then navigate to the Windows directory, click the "show files" warning. Then right click on an empty area of the folder and select "paste". If no file of the same name is already there and in use, you should see it copied.

esq2000

rollin';
you have just solved several problems in one reply. Thank you. Thanks to you this thread is now resolved. Talk to you soon. Have a good one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online