{RESOLVED}Dos

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

graemeholt

Hello
My friend is stuck in DOS and unlike me does not have a reset button. I am sending this at night so haven't asked him if he has tried switching the power off at the wall and then on again. Is that the same as resetting? I think he runs W98. What should he do.

yes, you can shot down directly from DOS. when it comes up, type "win" no quotes, and windows shouldl load.
--Adam

Sometimes when you boot to DOS, you can't seem to get out. Do like Subaru suggested..... Just type "WIN" (no quotes) and enter.

Usually if you accessed the DOS prompt FROM windows, just typing exit will bring you back. Otherwise, just type win (some computers might need you to go to the windows folder, but Win98 shouldn't.)

if it doesnt want to go, type "SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS"
alternatively, if you entered from windows, try alt+enter... Perhaps its just a window...?
--Adam

graemeholt

Hello and thankyou to, Alway'slearning,Subaruwrx,Rocaro and
Cybergum for taking the time to help out. As it turned out my friend typed in exit and that did the trick.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online