1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Dos

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by graemeholt, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. graemeholt

graemeholt Thread Starter

Hello
    My friend is stuck in DOS and unlike me does not have a reset button. I am sending this at night so haven't asked him if he has tried switching the power off at the wall and then on again. Is that the same as resetting? I think he runs W98. What should he do.

2. AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

ctrl, alt, del maybe
    good luck

3. subaruwrx

subaruwrx

yes, you can shot down directly from DOS. when it comes up, type "win" no quotes, and windows shouldl load.
    --Adam

4. robcaro

robcaro

Sometimes when you boot to DOS, you can't seem to get out. Do like Subaru suggested..... Just type "WIN" (no quotes) and enter.

5. cybergum

cybergum

Usually if you accessed the DOS prompt FROM windows, just typing exit will bring you back. Otherwise, just type win (some computers might need you to go to the windows folder, but Win98 shouldn't.)

6. subaruwrx

subaruwrx

if it doesnt want to go, type "SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS"
    alternatively, if you entered from windows, try alt+enter... Perhaps its just a window...?
    --Adam

7. graemeholt

graemeholt Thread Starter

Hello and thankyou to, Alway'slearning,Subaruwrx,Rocaro and
    Cybergum for taking the time to help out. As it turned out my friend typed in exit and that did the trick.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice