1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Easy CD Creator 5 Basic Question on Saving Web Pages

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by angelize56, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

I have my own web site I want to copy onto a CD. I saved the pages into my hd "C". When I go to copy the pages onto CD it keeps on saying that I don't have permission and to contact the owner or administrator. Why won't it let me save my pages to CD? I must be doing something wrong??? :) Take care. angel

I have WinMe. The original website is on angelfire. I thought saving to my hd would make them my pages and no longer associated with angelfire. :confused:

2. slipe

slipe

Well I just recorded the monster truck page from Angelfire and it played fine. Maybe there is protection for individual pages.

I saved the page to a folder (File>Save as) and then copied to CD.

If you want to PM me with your page address I’ll see if I can duplicate the problem and find a way around it.

3. factor

factor

You may have already tried this but if youre using easy cd, create a data disc or try a mixed mode disc.

4. angelize56

slipe: I just figured out that I was using the wrong project to save the pages! I got them to save using the direct CD project ok...but the midis don't play now! I did save right from angelfire too as you said. :) To see my pages click on website at the bottom right of this post. And thanks for getting back to me so soon! Take care and have a nice weekend. angel :)

5. angelize56

Thanks factor! Just had to figure out how to save my pages. Take care and have a great weekend overseas! angel :)

6. slipe

slipe

Nicely done site Angel.

I recorded it with mastering software and the midis don’t play either. The reason is that the midi files are not in the folder that downloads with the page. Evidently the html is written to find the midi files in a different place from the main data. Write your midi folder to the same folder as the downloads and they should play.

factor probably didn’t know he is overseas – he probably mistakenly thinks we are.

7. angelize56

Thanks again slipe. I'll do what you said with the midi files. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I usually live in random! :) Take care. angel :)

8. factor

factor

Whats this? Have a go at factor day?

9. angelize56

factor: Not me! Love my UK friends! Including you. :) I don't know what slipe meant about ya! :) I appreciate your reply even though at about the same time I figured out my problem...which if I hadn't you had suppplied the answer! :) Take care. angel

10. factor

factor

Hi angel, i wasnt referring to you. Not the first sly comment today. Only trying to help even if i dont know as much as certain other members. Take care angel..

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice