1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Error Messages -- corrupt file?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by KsCrafter, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KsCrafter

KsCrafter Thread Starter

I also have a problem when my computer boots up 1st thing, a error window pops up it says,"Cannot open file. may be corrupted. Replace the file with a new one and try again." I have scanned my computer with McAfee and it says no viruses, but it sounded like a virus to me, someone please help..I'm using Windows ME...TIA

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Welcome to TSG, KsCrafter.

I have placed your question in a new thread where it can receive individual attention.

Plese tell us what file is mentioned when you get that message. Give the full, exact error message.

3. HKEd

HKEd

It's the Annoying Worm. There are removal instructions at the Symantec link, but the author was kind enough to include removal instructions in the folder where Pic1234.exe is located (This can have variants like PIC1324(1)(1)(1)(2)(1)(1)(1).exe).

Let us know if you need a hand with the registry edit.

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Thanks guys, I'll transfer this to the antivirus forum since it does appear you've nailed it. Not the first time that one has slipped by me :rolleyes:

6. KsCrafter

KsCrafter Thread Starter

I found the housecalls.com ya'll mentioned on here and scanned my computer and that is exactly what it was a nasty worm. got it all fixed now. Thanks for all the help..

7. HKEd

HKEd

Hi Phil...thanks for rectifying the annoying missing "L" in the link. :) I usually double-check, but was in a rush. Good to see you too.

Rog, the only slim pickings I get these days are the ones that "slipped by" you. :D ;)

This will be our third Christmas together guys. LOL. Happy holidays to you both.

KsCrafter, glad to hear you got rid of that aptly-named worm.

8. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Happy Days yourself Ed :)

Actually I'm in the same boat you are... since just about everybody here knows my chops by now :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice