1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) error whilst sending stationery

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rip_brandon, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rip_brandon

rip_brandon Thread Starter

hello guys and dolls.....i was wondering if anyone knows whats going on here: -

when sending emails with newly created stationery, i get a message pop up saying that one or more pictures can not be found and will not be displayed if sent....do i want to proceed?

if i proceed, the message is delivered (i have tested them by sending them to myself) as if there was nothing wrong. ie all pictures and sounds that were included in the stationery ae all present and correct.

heres the catch.....it is only happening with newly created stationery.....not ones that i have had on my pc for a while...and thats the default ones aswell as ones ive created.

also, i have tried different pictures/sound files and it still happens........and i have made sure that the files are where they are supposed to be on my hard drive - ie stationery folder.

so has anybody got any ideas? i know u are all genius' on here anyhows.....so thanks for reading and i hope u can help me.

2. rip_brandon

ive found the problem....it doesnt like a particular sound file im using...

sorry to have wasted ure time people....

3. Rick1953

Rick1953

I get the same message even through everything is O.K. I don't think your wasting anybody's time when you have a problem that someone else is having and found the solution. How did you find that file that was causing the problem?

[​IMG]

4. rip_brandon

its because the sound file i was using was an mp3 file.

when i used the wav version, it went ok. i found out cos i used another sound file, and it was fine. the reason it took me so long was cos the error message said a picture.....thus i was trying loads of pictures and getting the same problem. silly outlook express error message! lol.

the only problem now is that, because the file is a wav file, its soooo much bigger and takes aaages to send it. so after all that malarky, im not actually using it......i have broadband internet, and it still takes a good 2 mins to send an email using that stationery.

anyhows, the moral seems to be that outlook express doesnt like mp3's being used in stationery..................pity it doesnt tell me that in the error messages! hehe.

just incase anyone is interested (lol) the stationery i was creating is of Earnest "the cat" Miller from the now dead WCW.......i had his pic with his theme tune playing in the background..."im the greatest!!!!"......comic genius.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/73154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice