1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Errors everywhere!!! {shell32}

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by whytwolf, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. whytwolf

whytwolf Thread Starter

I'm getting constant errors msgs (EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
    module SHELL32.DLL ) and i mean constant too.....i can't even shutdown normally....i get that same error msg when i click on shutdown! over and over and over!

I had these same probs awhile back and they started right after i tried to upgrade quicktime...so i uninstalled it and everything was fine after that....but i had to reinstall it yesterday; because my husband needed it for schoolwork and now i'm getting these errors all over the place again!

Heres what i have running right now....

Dialog Helper Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Ontrack\PowerDesk\pddlghlp.exe"
    ZoneAlarm Common Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe" -nopopup
    TClockEx Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\TCLOCKEX\TCLOCKEX.EXE
    Weather Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE 1
    MSMSGS Registry (Per-User Run) "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    Yahoo! Pager Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\MESSEN~1\ypager.exe -quiet
    CountrySelection Registry (Machine Run) pctptt.exe
    PTSNOOP Registry (Machine Run) ptsnoop.exe
    LoadQM Registry (Machine Run) loadqm.exe
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    POINTER Registry (Machine Run) point32.exe
    Tweak UI Registry (Machine Run) RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
    NAV DefAlert Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE
    Norton Auto-Protect Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE /LOADQUIET
    QuickTime Task Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    TrueVector Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
    MiniLog Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE -service

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!
    deb:)

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Have you tried downloading the dll?
    http://www.drd.dyndns.org/index2.html

If so and it doesnt work, try this.

Using Windows regedit (start>run>type regedit) start by backing up the registry in case problems came about so you can go back to the old registry info that was on the computer before.

Then using regedit go to:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamMRU

and delete all the settings there.

Then go to:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams

and delete all the settings there

3. whytwolf

whytwolf Thread Starter

Ok...i dnldd the SHELL32.DLL .....what do i do with it? How do i install it? Right now i have it in my download folder....

I've never edited the registry before so.....i'm a little afraid of that.....

I probably should have mentioned this in my first post too.....this problem only happens after my husband has been on the computer and logs off and then i log on.....thats when i have all the prob's.....after i reboot it stops for awhile.....and its random at first.....i could be doing nothing but reading email or looking at my docs.....and the errors will start......but after they do start...its constant!

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks!

4. whytwolf

whytwolf Thread Starter

Well....I guess i fixed this one on my own. I went into msconfig and took quicktime out of my startup.

Haven't had any problems since!

Thanks

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

:D
    Didnt think of that one.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!