[Resolved] Errors everywhere!!! {shell32}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

whytwolf

I'm getting constant errors msgs (EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
module SHELL32.DLL ) and i mean constant too.....i can't even shutdown normally....i get that same error msg when i click on shutdown! over and over and over!

I had these same probs awhile back and they started right after i tried to upgrade quicktime...so i uninstalled it and everything was fine after that....but i had to reinstall it yesterday; because my husband needed it for schoolwork and now i'm getting these errors all over the place again!

Heres what i have running right now....

Dialog Helper Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Ontrack\PowerDesk\pddlghlp.exe"
ZoneAlarm Common Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe" -nopopup
TClockEx Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\TCLOCKEX\TCLOCKEX.EXE
Weather Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE 1
MSMSGS Registry (Per-User Run) "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
Yahoo! Pager Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\MESSEN~1\ypager.exe -quiet
CountrySelection Registry (Machine Run) pctptt.exe
PTSNOOP Registry (Machine Run) ptsnoop.exe
LoadQM Registry (Machine Run) loadqm.exe
ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
POINTER Registry (Machine Run) point32.exe
Tweak UI Registry (Machine Run) RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
NAV DefAlert Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE
Norton Auto-Protect Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE /LOADQUIET
QuickTime Task Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
TrueVector Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
MiniLog Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE -service

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!
deb:)

Have you tried downloading the dll?
http://www.drd.dyndns.org/index2.html

If so and it doesnt work, try this.

Using Windows regedit (start>run>type regedit) start by backing up the registry in case problems came about so you can go back to the old registry info that was on the computer before.

Then using regedit go to:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamMRU

and delete all the settings there.

Then go to:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams

and delete all the settings there

whytwolf

Ok...i dnldd the SHELL32.DLL .....what do i do with it? How do i install it? Right now i have it in my download folder....

I've never edited the registry before so.....i'm a little afraid of that.....

I probably should have mentioned this in my first post too.....this problem only happens after my husband has been on the computer and logs off and then i log on.....thats when i have all the prob's.....after i reboot it stops for awhile.....and its random at first.....i could be doing nothing but reading email or looking at my docs.....and the errors will start......but after they do start...its constant!

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks!

whytwolf

Well....I guess i fixed this one on my own. I went into msconfig and took quicktime out of my startup.

Haven't had any problems since!

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online