1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Failed to create direct 3d device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlkSprk, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlkSprk

BlkSprk Thread Starter

every time i try to run a program that uses direct 3d, or any 3d for that matter, it crashes out or errors out. i ran DXDiag, and all tests check out, except direct3d, i get the fallowing messages:

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)
    Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Out of memory)
    Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Out of memory)

its a Geforce4 4400 128mb, it just all the sudden started mid a game, then i couldnt boot the game back up. please, ,someone help me out here.

Tony

2. Chum

Chum

Any errors in device manager? What DirectX version? Have you tried reinstalling or upgrading the drivers for your video card?

3. BlkSprk

BlkSprk Thread Starter

no errors in the manager, its dx 9, it did it with dx 8, i updated thinking it might fix it, i have updated as well as stepped back my drivers, nothing seems to help. i have not tried completely removing the device and readding it, but i will tonight, as for replacing, i have a voodoo3 ready to swap in if reinstalling dosnt help. but its a geforce 4 4400, it should work fine!!! grrrr

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

5. BlkSprk

BlkSprk Thread Starter

i uninstalled the graphics card, ,then reinstalled it, it fixed the problem. Note in order for it to have worked i had to uninstall first, ,just installing over the drivers dosnt help, thanks for all your help

-Tony

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice