[Resolved] freezing and not responding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jay jay

Hi My computer is throwing all kinds of fits!!!!!!!!!!! It freezes all the time and I keep getting messages like cpq not responding.. and having only partial windows show up... and explorer not responding.. and haave downloaded a newer version of explorer.explorer not responding low on resources and have deleted tons of stuff and ran disk cleanup.... and MSqSprd not responding..... dangerously low on resources.. and an illegal operations fatal exception OE occurred at 0167:BFFAA8cd. I am running windows 98 on compaq.. can you help ??
Thanks

jay jay

I run a scan and It with maccaffe if thats how you spell it HE HE!!and it said no virus detected ..what do you mean what is running.thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I edited my post after I did a quick search to confirm your virus.....go to that link for removal instructions.

jay jay

it says to run live update to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.. how do i do that??

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You'll need to open your virus program (which one are you running) and there should be an option to 'update.' If not, perhaps you haven't renewed it and you'll need to purchase a new version.

jay jay

I am useing macaffee and it did not detect any virus but you are right I havent up dated it so I will have to get a new one. I tried to update but it keeps telling me to retry. I will try to get one later tonight and see if I can get back to you later and let you know what is going on. I have to go to work now. thanks and will keep you posted after I get the new one.

jay jay

I bought norton 2002 and it found 3 infected files. and here is what it found!!! the first is 151bab60.hta infected by wscript.kak.
the next was choke.exe infected by w32choke.worm
ans the final was kak.htm infected by wscriptkak.worm. it took a little while but it was worth it. thanks for the replys. and happy computing>..

jay jay

ps I sent a small donation for all your help today.Through Paypal. thanks a million...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online