1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) geforce4 mx 440 freezing my games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Redcommie, Dec 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redcommie

Redcommie Thread Starter

I had a riva tnt2 32 megs i think, (nvidia), and it was fine but slow and gave a cruddy appearance. So i went and bought an Nvidia geforce4 mx 440. Well i played a game that came with it and after like 7 minutes it froze. i restarted and it froze in about 4 minutes. I figured it was the included game (ballistics) so i tried out soldier of fortune 2. Again it froze after like 15 minutes, then after reboot 10 then almost as soon as i would start a game. I also tried grand theft auto 3. However i have sonic 2 on a rom and it works fine. My other pc games freeze though and i have to reboot. I could tell an error message came up with sof2 but i cant see it. I am in the process of getting some drivers and the like to fix this.
    any help would be great

compaq 7000us
    384.0 sd ram
    athlon 1200.2 mhz
    80 gig
    windows me
    cable modem
    A:\, cdrw, dvdr
    AGP geforce4 mx 440

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Start by downloading new drivers from Nvidias site....if it still doesnt work, post and we will get a little more advanced.

3. Redcommie

Redcommie Thread Starter

thanks for your concern. it actually did get advanced, i was reprogramming some start up strings and using vb progs. In the end i think it was the need for agp drivers. it makes sense. anyway i did get it to work, great graphics card too i would recommend. thanks, problem solved

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/109631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice