1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) GLC3370.temp need

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dabwid, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

I need this file so I can install a program of a disk.The program is Fix-It by VCOM. Any ideas on where I can find it. I am running 2000 SP4. Thanks in advance.

2. mobo

mobo

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

Dabwid
    Requiring a Temp file for initial installation of a piece of software is rather unusual since the install program itself usually sets up the temp files it needs to use upon reboot. Is this a purchased version of Fit-It? If so what version is it? If it is not a legal version then we cannot help you per TSG rules.

Dave

4. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

I already have the program V-COM Fix-IT, I need the file glc3370.temp.

5. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

I bought the program at Wal-Mart so it is legal. When I first installed it it worked fine. After a reformat it installed the nwhen I upgrade to 2000 the program said to reinstall. When I tryI get the error message. It is Fix-It Utilities 5 version5.0.0.8

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

I see! Which version of of Fix-it is it so we can research compatability issues. Also is there a line item for uninstall in the add\remove programs.

Dave

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

I see you gave me the version above! :eek: :D ;) Kind of slow this morning!

Is there a line item in add\remove for it?

Dave

8. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

Yes, this is a line to remove I am going to try to uninstall the reinstall.

9. Davey7549

Davey7549

Dabwid
    There isn't any compatability issues listed so thats OK!
    If you find a line item in Add\Remove programs within control panel use it to remove current installation, restart system and try your CD install now.

Researched VCOM and there is only one article pertaining to uninstall and that is Here.
    There are no instruction for manual uninstall listed.

Let us know what you find.

Dave

:D :D :D Whoops I see you posted while I was typing!! There is a line item for it..... Great!:cool:

10. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

I can not uninstall it I get the same error message. Could the problem be windows installer. I tried to download it last night but it said it was already installed.

11. Davey7549

Davey7549

Dabwid
    I doubt if your installer is corrupt! We could possibly play around and manually uninstall it but if we miss something critical we may make it worse. You may be better off contacting Tech support at VCOM for specific instructions for manual uninstall. If they cannot come up with anything then let us know and we will start digging into the registry and files for manual removal.

Here is the Link to VCOM Support.

Keep us posted to your progress.

Dave

12. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

Davey,Thanks for the help. I have to go to work soon. Already have sent E-Mail to V-COM. Back online later today.

13. Davey7549

Davey7549

I have to leave also so I wish you luck with Vcom. The important key here is upgrade to 2000, Add\Remove does not work, and need manual uninstall instructions.

Will await your answer from Vcom.

Dave

14. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

I heard back from V-Com,they suggested to download a program from Microsoft called 'Windows Installer Cleanup Tool'. So I downloaded it and now my Fix-It 5 works great. This program is to work when Add/Remove Programs does not. Here is the link to it.Thank you for the help
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q238413

15. Davey7549

Davey7549

Dabwid
    Interesting! I have seen this utility before but never knew that it applied to products other than Microsoft products listed at bottom of article!
    So when you ran it it listed all your current programs on your machine and within there was Fix-It?

If so that is a great tip!

Let me know.

Thanks Dave

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice