1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Google

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by T.Power, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. T.Power

T.Power Thread Starter

When I click the down arrow on the google Toolbar it shows all the sites I have visited,how can I disable this?
    Thanks for any help
    Tom

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Tom
    I believe Google uses the same lookup as the regular address bar in Internet Explorer. It uses your history files for sites visited.
    If you go into tools\internet options and clear History this should clear IE's dropdown and also clear the google dropdown. If it does not let me know and I will reactivate my google toolbar and find the registry key it is creating and using.
    Lets us know on your progress.
    Dave

3. T.Power

T.Power Thread Starter

Dave,
    I did as you suggested,(internet options/clear history) but the visited sites are still there.
    Tom

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Sorry Tom
    My memory of the Google toolbar has blended with the past so I had to reinstall to refresh it.

Try this

Click on the Google logo and you will get a drop down menu.
    Choose the Clear Search History option. This should clear all the previous searches.

Again cobwebs!
    Dave

Edit: I think there is a site that google has for instructions! I will look around for it.

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

7. T.Power

T.Power Thread Starter

Dave,
    Thank you very much,it's so easy,when someone shows you how!
    Tom

8. Davey7549

Davey7549

Tom
    Glad you got it cleaned up. Googles toolbar has allot of nice features as I recall, I did not use all the bells and whistles so uninstalled it.
    Have a good day.
    Dave

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice