{RESOLVED}Google

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

T.Power

When I click the down arrow on the google Toolbar it shows all the sites I have visited,how can I disable this?
Thanks for any help
Tom

Tom
I believe Google uses the same lookup as the regular address bar in Internet Explorer. It uses your history files for sites visited.
If you go into tools\internet options and clear History this should clear IE's dropdown and also clear the google dropdown. If it does not let me know and I will reactivate my google toolbar and find the registry key it is creating and using.
Lets us know on your progress.
Dave

T.Power

Dave,
I did as you suggested,(internet options/clear history) but the visited sites are still there.
Tom

Sorry Tom
My memory of the Google toolbar has blended with the past so I had to reinstall to refresh it.

Try this

Click on the Google logo and you will get a drop down menu.
Choose the Clear Search History option. This should clear all the previous searches.

Again cobwebs!
Dave

Edit: I think there is a site that google has for instructions! I will look around for it.

T.Power

Dave,
Thank you very much,it's so easy,when someone shows you how!
Tom

Tom
Glad you got it cleaned up. Googles toolbar has allot of nice features as I recall, I did not use all the bells and whistles so uninstalled it.
Have a good day.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online