1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Graphics being saved only as bitmaps!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Biglum, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Biglum

Biglum Thread Starter

just lately when i use the save picture function there is only an option to save as bitmap file type. even though the pics are Jpeg, giff whatever.

it only happens in internet explorer, online and seems to only happen on pages i go to, or new sites (not on homepage).

i have recently had some auto dialer worm its way on the machine but i'm pretty sure i killed it.

i have reset the defaults and cleaned out most of the active X stuff. i also killed a jpeg script in the file asoc. but it didn't seem to be the problem. (although i think i made a different one...)

it isn't impossible that i have a virus but i can't find it. i haven't heard of one doing this sort of thing.

i'm running 98 with IE 6.0 and am getting to the reinstall IE and mayby windows. of course i don't want to do either :mad:

anyone have any ideas?

2. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Clearing your TIF's usally solves this

3. Biglum

Biglum Thread Starter

i had cleaned the files with the delete temp files button and it didn't do anything.

taking your advice i did it manually and it seems to have done the trick!

any idea why it does this bizarro stuff?

Big thanks

4. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

When you useed the "delete temp files" in Internet Option do you also check box to "delete offline content??? Just a thought

5. Biglum

Biglum Thread Starter

no i didn't! the missus had some pages saved. (bad thing to do)

but when i started to remove them manually i just did everything.

the only thing left was a index.dat ??? i think it was. i couldn't get rid of it as it was in use.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice