1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}hard drive partitioning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by radman2424, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. radman2424

radman2424 Thread Starter

I am trying to partition and format a 1.7 Gig hard drive, but my partition only shows 47 meg and I can't get it to see the rest of the drive. PLEASE HELP.
    Thanks, Rick

2. brianF

brianF

3. radman2424

I have tried fdisking and repartitioning a couple of times with two similar drives and same thing.

4. Rockn

Rockn

When you run fdisk and select option 4 what info does it show you on the screen?

5. radman2424

I found the problem 2fold, 1. The previous drive must have been a 47 Meg, so it continued to see the new drives as 47.
    2. I was never able to enter setup before, once I got in I changed the drive setting to auto, rebooted, and the system was finally able to detect the full size of the drive.
    Thankyou to all that sent me different hints!!
    Radman

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice