1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Help Please fixing Yahoo Bridge game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Davey7549, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

Hello everyone!
    A friend of mine has asked that I help Her and Her husband fix the game they so enjoy playing. They are both novices at computers and do not know what to do.
    The game is the Yahoo game Bridge, and is accessed through the normal www.yahoo.com games tab, bridge tab.
    The problem they are having is they can reach what is called the "rooms" but can go no further.

Here is what I have found out and done so far:
    1)- Went to the screen called rooms.
    2)- Clicked on one of the rooms.
    3)- A download screen with a Verisign signature showed up and I clicked OK.
    4)- The conventional download screen did not appear, and the process took a matter of two seconds to complete.
    5)- After the process, whatever it was, I was able to access the rooms.
    6)- Went back through my system to see if I could find a trace of what this download did and could not find anything.
    7)- My thought is if I could remove this authorization or whatever it is I would be prompted for another download.
    8)- Deleted cookies,temps, checked add-remove programs, searched for yahoo tags. Nothing I did forced another request for download.

Anyone have any ideas what to look for, or what to advise the two nice people to do?

Dave

2. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Yep. :)

Go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files folder.
    (Or, in IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Settings button > View Objects button.)

Right-click on Yahoo! Bridge and select either to Update, or Remove.

If trouble persists, they may want to update MS Virtual Machine at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

And, more helpful info on Yahoo! Games can be found at http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/games</font>

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Are they behind a firewall? Most yahoo games require it be turned off. They also require that java and java script are fully enabled.

Oh, hello Sig. :)

4. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Hi there Doyce. :)
    Fancy meeting you here.</font>

5. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

Thanks for the answers.
    Will test the info received and get back to you all.
    As mentioned before Betty and Ken are Newbies and just want to click and play, so I have my homework cutout for me since this is Via E-mail to Tampa FL.
    Also not sure if its a firewall problem since it worked before, unless of course the had a firewall installed!

Let you all know.

Dave

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Well Dave, I figured if they have come to you for answers in the past, then they would certainly have a firewall by now. ;) :D

Fancy meeting? Ah man, Im underdressed.

7. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

JR
    Just remember the older you get the more protection you need!:D:D:D
    Dave

Oh and by the way Signature hit it on the head where the little critter was hiding. Removed it and got asked for another download.
    Dave

Thanks Everyone!
    Dave

8. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Past experience.
    I've had to hit that hiding little critter, (or one of his hiding little critter friends), on the head a few times myself. ;)</font>

9. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

Signature thanks!
    Funny a search using Yahoo as file and folders did not show that one. Good to know though!
    Dave

10. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">You're welcome Davey.
    I'm glad the happy couple is back at the Bridge table. :)</font>

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice