1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Help!!!!!!!!{sircam infection}

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by monroefamily, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. monroefamily

monroefamily Thread Starter

I recently wrote a post about low drive space....well I proceeded to delete files that were taking up needed space. It seems as though sirC32.exe was deleted. I cannot find it anywhere on my hard drive and my gatewaygoback won't even work without it. Does anyone know what this is exactly? How can I get it back on there? I appreciate all of your help immensly!!!

THX!
    Just a Mom trying to act like she knows something about her computer!!!

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

3. brianF

brianF

4. monroefamily

OK GUYS-First thing first-THANKS TO YOU ALL !!!

I think I am getting very close to getting rid of this thing. However My anti virus program has detected the following:

C:\recycled\sirc32.exe
    C:\windows\system\sCam32.exe

NOW if I delete these files I cannot run ANY of my programs. Also, it will not let me repair them either.

This is getting pretty technical for me. Could someone please explain step by step what to do to fix this? It is driving me crazy!!!

:rolleyes:

5. monroefamily

OK! It is all gone. I finally anaged to delete the virus without deleting files my computer needs to run.

THANKS TO ALL!!!!

Lisa:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice