[Resolved] Hercules Fortissimo III EAX Problems With Halo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Felony 301

I have a Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 sound card, and im having problems with Halo PC, and other games when I turn on the hardware acceleration (EAX). The sound gets distorted, and sounds lower. With it off, I dont get the discrete sorround sound, but in turn, it sounds good loud and clear. When I turn on the hardware acceleration and i shoot for instance the sound of the riffle in Halo stutters. If anybody can find a solution to my problem, please let me know, it would be very grateful. I have also downloaded the latest drivers for the sound card but still has a problem.

Compaq Presario S3000NX
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB
512 MB Ram
Hercules Fortissimo III Sound Card
Dont Know Motherboard

Are there any issues with using Sofware 3d mode? I have this same problem with my Turtle Beach sound card in games as well. Software provides better rendering and fewer in game glitches with no loss of performance that I can detect.

Felony 301

i have found some type of solution fo my problem
i just switched da 3d audio acceleration from my hercules menu from maximum to high and from what i hear it works without any problem i had before and it has full surround.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online