Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Resolved] how do I update my system bios?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bball_1523 
#1 ·
I need help quickly on updating my system bios for installing a new Siemens 10/100 1019 ethernet card. I have a Gateway GP6-450 450 mhz PII mmx, 128 mb/ram, Windows 98 1st edition, cable modem.

Can someone please help me, I need to install my ethernet card drivers and it won't let me. Thanks

#3 ·
You've to download the BIOS update considering your motherboard's make and model. Check the manufacturer's site and download the file for the motherboard that you've. If you try flashing the BIOS with an incorrect BIOS update program you could be asking for trouble! Go through the documentation at the manufacturer's site before doing it and take all the necessary precautions!

edit : Do you get any error(msgs) when you try to install the device? If yes, then plz post back with the message.

#4 ·
I'm with pvc9, Go to gateway.com and have your serial#. The downloads section will help you search.

Also, what problems are you having wiyh the install? Changing the BIOS is pretty radical to get a card to install. I did see that Siemens recommends you have the latest BIOS.

http://support.gateway.com/support/default.asp

Let us know

#6 ·
n/m I got everything to work, thanks for the help though

#8 ·
Ok, what happened was I just went to gateway.com and entered in my computer serial number to get the updates for the motherboard. I got the updates and installed them. Afterwards my system finally recognized the ethernet card drivers and I got them installed. Then the internet didn't work and I had to reinstall the ethernet card drivers, and problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.